It is the second largest wetland of Catalonia. It is formed by a group of ponds, enclosures and prairies that are flooded by the con- fluence of the Muga and Fluvià rivers. It makes up a privileged habitat for the fauna, especially the aquatic birds.
Itineraries for the Park:
Help us preserve the Park
- Respect the installations, the signs, the itineraries and the prohibited areas.
- When observing or taking photographs, you do not have to leave the trails.
- Camping out is only allowed on the established campgrounds, or in special cases, on the grounds planned for this use.
- Use the trashcans and if there are not any available, take waste home with you. Leave the park as clean as you found it.
- You will meet in an agricultural area where many people leave.
Que s'hi pot fer?
Make sure your visit doesn't affect them…
- The best times to observe birds are in the morning and evening, and the times when there are more species are those of migrations (March - May and August - October), although they can be found throughout the year. see interesting species.
- Binoculars are essential for bird watching (if you don't have them, you can rent them at the information center)
- In order not to scare the birds and observe them more easily, it is better to wear camouflage costumes. If it has rained, it is important to bring water boots.
- You should bring a mosquito repellent.
- Admission to lookouts, observatories and itineraries is free. In any case, for groups of more than 15 people and school groups, you must notify us in advance, and we recommend that you arrange the services of a guide by calling the Park’s information center.
- Drive carefully on rural roads and highways.
- In animal nature reserves, no animal or plant species, live or dead, may be disturbed, destroyed or collected.
- You cannot spend the night in nature reserves; it is also expressly forbidden to sleep inside the lookouts and observatories.
- It is forbidden to take untied dogs on nature reserve itineraries.
- Reservations can only be visited on foot. You must leave your vehicles in the planned car parks.